“One Action Tanzania is an initiative for Peace focus on empowering communities to engage in issues of societal concern through great participation in panel discussion, social activities, education, entertainment (games and sports) with the aim of bringing sense of togetherness among the members of the community in fighting against all potentials to the threatening of peace in Tanzanian community.
The Concept of One Action come from the changing trend of Tanzanian community where now days we are experiencing different action from individuals, group of people, religious and other sectors in which if will not be seriously addressed will have bad output in future Tanzania
“It was hard for me to believe that Tanzania there is no Peace, I believed so much in my country until 17 0f August, 2013 where Robbery shot person few steps from where I was stood around GBP Petrol Station in Sinza Mori Dar es Salaam, for sure it was my first time to see such a thing in my life, it was very hurtful for me because my life is envisioned in peace and I believed that my country is a peacefully place in the world, this action awaken my heart desire to make sure that Tanzania become as good and peaceful place as history portray I believe that my single action if combined with other 44 million will change Tanzania to be a better and safe place for everyone to live in.”
The initiative – Objectives
One Actions aims to achieve three key objectives:
- Collective campaign to promote Peace
- Building awareness around the opportunities and challenges associated with a country of forty four million people.
- Inspiring governments, NGOs, private sector, media, academia and individuals to take actions that will have a socially positive impact.
The campaign will build awareness around six key issues, then count the activities the campaign stimulates to address them. The issues are:
How we do it.
- A work to remember campaign for Peace
- Youth Peace Ambassadors
- Youth Peace Camp
- Seminar and Training as far as Peace is concerning.
- Talk show about societal life, opportunities and challenges to be addressed.
- Publications, website, news and magazines about peace (Tanzania Peace Magazine)